RAFTING IN THE URUBAMBA RIVER 2 DAYS - 1 NIGHT
Day 1 Cusco-Cusipata
Very early in the morning we will pick you up at your hotel, and then go to our bus during 1 hour toward the locality of Cusipata where you will receive all the necessary safety instructions and we will provide you with the necessary equipment to start our adventure During this trip in the afternoon, we will run expresses of II and III levels in approximately 2 hours. At the end of the journey, our bus will lead us back to our camp in Cusipata where we will have our first lunch.
Day 2: Cusipata – Chuquicahuana – Cusipata – Cusco.
After breakfast in our camping of Cusipata, we will go to the river of Chuquicahuana, where we will start to run 2 hours approximately, rapids of class III and IV. During this journey we will be accompanied by a kayak and a Cataraft to our security. Then go back to our camp to have lunch and a short break and finally returning to the city of Cusco.
NOTICE: The rapids are catalogued in the following way
- Difficulty I-II : easy without any risk, exciting.
- Difficulty III-IV : good and exciting, presents some risk.
- Difficulty V : Very exciting and risky, we need an additional safety as an expert Kayak. …. . equipment or additional boat; this is the highest level that can be done with --- . tourists.
- Difficulty VI : extreme risk generally isso difficult to do rafting.
- During the rainy season (December to March) we will run parts of the River (Quiquijana / Chuquicahuana), and on dry season (April to November), the lower parts of the river Ollantaytambo / Huarán.
- Transportation to the ranch.
- Transportation from Cusco to Cusipata
- All the camping and cooking equipment (safety helmet, life jacket, rowing, raft of self-rescue, wetsuit)
- Professional Guidance in rafting, a specialist in rapid III and IV
- Professional assistance guide
- Professional Kayak
- Power during the tour
- Kit first aid
- Transport back to Cusco
- Bath clothes.
- Camera with extra batteries
- Sandals (For use in navigation)
- Warm clothes for the night
- Sleeping bag, pad and flashlight
- Bottle of water and snacks (for the travel of the first day by Bus).
- Water PURIFYING Tablets
- Personal stuff should be in plastic bags
- Cap to the Sun.
- Mosquito repellent.